It is critically important that our members, partners, visitors and friends know what we believe and teach.
The Word asks, “How can two walk together unless they agree?” (Amos 3:3). As the Body of Christ and members of the Kingdom City Fellowship, we believe:
- In one God, Creator of all things, Who is manifested in three Persons: Father, Christ the Son, and the Holy Spirit (John 1:3; Genesis 1:26; John 14:16);
- That the Bible, in its entirety, is our guidebook for living and that it is the inspired Word of God (2nd Peter 1:21; 2nd Timothy 3:16-17);
- That Man is a created being, made in the image and likeness and God, but through Adam’s transgression and fall, sin came into the world (Genesis 1:27; Romans 5:12);
- That all have sinned and come short of the Glory of God and are in need of salvation, which is the gift of God to man through faith in Jesus Christ. This new birth is necessary for all men and when experienced, produces eternal life (Romans 3:10; Romans 3:23; Ephesians 2:8-10);
- That the new birth (salvation) is experienced when one confesses that Jesus Christ is Lord with his mouth and believes the same in his heart (Romans 10:9-10);
- We believe in the Baptism of the Holy Spirit as distinct from the New Birth, in speaking with other tongues as the Spirit of God gives utterance (Matthew 3:11; John 14:16-17; Acts 1:8), in the gifts of the Spirit (1st Corinthians 12:4-11), in the evidence of the fruit of the Sprit (Galatians 5:22-23) and that all are available to Believers;
- That healing and deliverance are provided in the redemptive work of Jesus Christ and are available to every Believer (John 5:14; Mark 16:17-18); We further believe that once healed, afflictions shall not rise upon you a second time (Nahum 1:9);
- In the personal, visible and imminent return of Jesus Christ (Acts 1:11; Revelation 22:7; Revelation 22:12). We further believe in the Rapture, where the dead in Christ shall rise first; then we who are alive and remain, shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air (1st Thessalonians 4:16-17).
- We believe in the resurrection of the dead, the eternal happiness of the saved and the eternal punishment of the lost. That one who physically dies without accepting Christ is eternally lost and, therefore, has no further opportunity of hearing the Gospel or repenting (Mark 16:16; John 3:15-16; Hebrews 9:27);
- In water baptism by immersion (Colossians 2:12; Acts 8:38-39) as an act of the Believer; fasting (Matthew 6:16-18); tithing (Malachi 3:8-11); dedication of children (1st Samuel 1:27-28; Luke 2; Deuteronomy 6:59) as the act of the parents; and, observance of the Lord’s Supper (Matthew 26:26-30; 1st Corinthians 11:23-30) as natural ordinances of the Church; and
- In ministering to the general community with our time (work), talents (wisdom) and treasures (wealth) to benefit the lost, the disconnected, the neglected and others in despair (Matthew 6:1-4).